Amy Winehouse’s Cause of Death Determined
Looks as if Amy Winehouse’s parents were right about her passing, it wasn’t drugs that killed her…it was alcohol. Three months after her shocking death, its been reported that Winehouse died of accidental alcohol poisoning. An initial autopsy that was taken in the wake of the singer’s death was inconclusive, though no drugs were found in her system at the time. But according to both Greenway and pathologist Suhail Baithun, plenty of alcohol was.
Baithun told the inquest committee this morning, where their findings were revealed, that Winehouse had consumed “a very large quantity of alcohol” and that her blood-alcohol limit was more than five times that of the drunk-driving limit.As for the exact numbers, Greenway told the St. Pancras Coroners Court at today’s inquest hearing that the singer had 416 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood. The legal limit in Britain is 80 mg.
Family spokesman Chris Goodman said that the family was happy “to finally find out what happened to Amy.”